Booking the Rollright Stone Circle
The Rollright Trust is pleased to allow a variety of privately organised uses and events at the site on the following principles:
- All activities should respect the fabric and amenity of the site and not unduly impede its enjoyment by others.
- Activities may include, but are not necessarily restricted to, semi-private access for
- personal ceremonies or parties connected with namings, birthdays, handfastings, wedding celebrations, wakes etc (NB as an open air site we are not licensed for formal marriage ceremonies)
- regular group religious use and seasonal celebrations e.g. to mark pagan festivals
- communal use of the site that serves local needs such as dramatic productions, art or sculpture, musical events, educational activities and astronomy
- use as a location for filming and TV (news, education or drama)
- All such uses and events may only proceed with the express consent of the Rollright Trust and the site must be booked in advance.
- All users will be required to abide by standing conditions of use which include issues concerning health and safety precautions, insurance, and where relevant, obtaining licences for entertainment and/or sale of alcohol (see below).
- Only legal activities will be permitted at the sole discretion of the Rollright Trust in accordance with our schedule of standard conditions of use which is applicable to all users.
- The Trust charges standard fee rates for the use of the site for a variety of typical semi-private events. Otherwise it operates a flexible charging policy for negotiating fees for one-off uses, and where uses are for charitable purposes (especially within the local community) this may include waiving all fees.
How to book the site for your event
You will need to decide the basis upon which you want to use the site. The different bookings types are described in the document below ‘Rollright Access Terms’.
The downloadable files provided at the bottom of this page are:
- Rollright Access Terms This describes the standard conditions of use and the types of booking available.
- Rollright Application for Access form A booking form (including fee rates) for standard semi-private events.
- Rollright HS Risk Assessment form A proforma health and safety checklist for small events and uses.