Over 5000 years of history
The Rollright Stones is an ancient site located on the Oxfordshire & Warwickshire border in England. The complex consists of three main elements, The Kings Men stone circle, the King Stone, and the Whispering Knights.
Visiting the stones - latest information
- The Rollright Stones are a private site made accessible on a permissive basis, not a public site.
- As an open air site they remain generally accessible at the moment, BUT for everyone's safety we may need to close the site on various occasions during the year. Advance notice of closures will be given on this website.
- You are welcome to visit so long as you follow all government regulations about having no symptoms or known recent exposure to Covid19, hand sanitising, wearing masks if appropriate, social distancing, staying within a household group, etc. This is to protect you, other visitors and our volunteers who are maintaining and monitoring the site during lockdown. Some paths and entrances are restricted in width and need care, common sense and patience in current circumstances.
- Parking is limited to the two laybys next to the King's Men stone circle, and it is not permitted or safe to park on verges elsewhere, or to walk along the road. Be careful when crossing the road.
- Payment of entry fee can be made by coin in the box at the entrance, or to minimise cash handling at present, can be made online at site using the QR code link to the payment page on our website, and via PayPal or PayM. Payment can also be made in advance via our website. £1 per adult, 50p per child.
- Please take note of further information posted on site.
We at the Rollright Trust have been overwhelmed by the strength of support for preservation of the Rollright Stones and their environment. Thank you so much to all 32,000 who signed our petition. It has now been submitted to Oxfordshire and Warwickshire County Councils - we will publicise what happens next. More details.
Find opening times, directions and information for school/educational visits and local information.
Explore the stones
Learn about the Kings Men stone circle, the King Stone and the Whiserping Knights, their history and folklore.
Road upgrade - petition update May 4th 2020
- Details of a meeting with Oxfordshire council on the proposed road upgrade that would affect the safety of our visitors.
King Stone land purchase appeal
Please support the Trust’s acquisition of this key part of the Rollright Stones complex and our ambition of creating a beautiful wildflower meadow.
A donation, however small, will help us to maintain and preserve the stones and the surrounding environment.